We'll walk you through how to get approved with Apple Pay
Apple Pay approval is required for My Well Ministry to stay in compliance with our ministry app. If you do not wish to use the My Well Ministry app you do not need to complete this step.
Apply For Apple Pay approval
Once your Benevity account is established and completed to 60%, you'll need to wait 24 hours then apply to accept Apple Pay donations.
1. Visit the Apple Pay section on Benevity.
2. Enter your EIN (Federal Tax Id) and click search.
3. Scroll down to find your organization in the list and click the "View Details" button.
4. From the next page, click the red "Request Approval for Apple Pay" button
5a. Fill out the form.
When asked for the "Apple Developer Team Id", use this value: V2QL2F4WG3. (Since My Well is processing payments on behalf of your organization, Apple allows you to enter our Team Id)
In the "Web Domains" field, enter https://www.mywell.org.
Click Submit to complete the form and wait for confirmation!
5b. If you see the message “your organization is not eligible,” please go back to step 6a in the Admin: Benevity Approval Instructions.
Typically Apple Pay is eligible 24 hours after you have completed questions 1-13 to register with Benevity.
6. You will receive an email from Apple pay confirming that you are approved to accept Apple Pay Donations. This email will come directly from Apple and can take several weeks. We recommend filling out this form weekly to ensure your request does not get lost by Apple. The email will look similar to the image below.
Apple Pay FAQ
How does Apple Pay work?
Apple Pay allows users to make donations leveraging their cards stored in their Apple Pay account. By using Apple Pay, a unique token is generated each time a donation is made, increasing the security of online transactions. This secure token is passed My Well, as your payment processor, in order to complete the gift.
Are there extra fees involved with Apple Pay?
Nope! Apple Pay transactions cost the same as using a regular credit card. There are no administrative fees either. Win win!
Do we have to support Apple Pay?
No, the My Well Ministry app is an optional feature. However, this is required if you are wanting to use the My Well Ministry app.
Does Apple Pay work in a web browser?
No. We currently only support Apple Pay within the My Well Giving App.
We're not a registered 501c3 non-profit. Can we still use Apple Pay?
Yes, please contact the My Well team for additional information.
We already have an Apple Developer account, can we use that?
Yes. If you have an Apple Developer Account, you can enter the Team Id associated with your account.
For more information about the process involved for using Apple Pay for Donations, visit https://developer.apple.com/apple-pay/nonprofits/.